Finding the right doctorstipsonline for you and your family is an art in itself. Many people are not sure about how to look for a doctor. Conventionally, doctors are found by word of mouth. Due to the advent of the internet, finding a doctor is now very easy. Detailed online databases flaunt a large number of doctors that you can pick and choose from. These lists can be daunting and it’s hard to know which of the thousand or more doctors will work best for you.
The following are the three main categories of considerations, which will come in handy when trying to choose the right doctor.
- Travel time – you do not want to waste most of your day traveling to and from the doctor’s office. Choose a medical practitioner who has an office conveniently located near you.
- Time for appointment – You should be able to make an appointment anytime and must not need to wait long to get an appointment. Any doctor who is super busy and storms in and out of his appointments will not provide the best attention that you deserve. A good doctor will listen to your concerns with his fullest attention.
- Emergency policy – it is important to look for a doctor who will respond during emergency situations. When choosing a physician, always choose the one who is affiliated with an organization. This comes in handy when the doctor goes on a vacation or is unavailable due to personal reasons.
- Some people prefer doctors with vast experience. The common believe is that the experience trains the doctor to handle all kinds of situations.
- Look for reviews on websites such as Angieslist.com, yelp.com, or docloop.com.
- When you look for a physician, you can look up their experience from your insurance provider’s website.
- If you have a specific need, look for a Specialist Doctor with expertise in that area.
- Even with experienced doctors, you need to analyze their reputation, professionalism, and attitude.
- Ensure that the doctor has a rapport for paying attention to the patients. A good doctor will actively listen the their patient’s problems and ask questions for clarification.
- Make sure they are articulate. A good doctor will be able to explain things in plain English and make it easy to understand what’s going on.
- A doctors attitude will be another very important thing to look for. Optimistic, caring, and genuine doctors will make your experience with healthcare more pleasant.
Cost considerations and Insurance:
- For most people, the best doctor is the one which their insurance can afford.
- Always verify with your insurance provider if the doctor is registered with them. Better yet, call your insurance provider’s customer care line to find more information about potential doctors.
Background and License Checks:
- It’s always a good idea to be thorough and run a background or license check on any potential doctors. The Washington State Department of Health has a free website where you can search the licensing credentials of potential doctors (link below).
If you are not comfortable with a doctor, you have the right to find a new one. Finding the best doctor can be a trial and error process. We will invest time in finding the best doctor for you and your family. A successful medicine practice must be a joint venture between a doctor and the patient.
If you are moving to or reside in Seattle, Bellevue, or the Eastside, or you’re just unhappy with your doctor, EastsideDoctors.com (About Eastside Doctors [http://eastsidedoctors.com/about-us]) will help you take the first steps toward finding the perfect doctor. We have exhaustive lists of the best doctors and will work to put you in touch with a doctor that is professional and genuinely cares about your well-being. While we make it easy to find great doctors in the area and try to find the best fit for you, it is still important to make sure that the doctor we find is the right person to handle you and your family.