Every McAfee error comes with a code that helps to give better recognition and identification. These errors need consolidated answers so that the user can come out of the glitch. McAfee has provided some solutions to the different errors that can take birth anytime during its usage or Ventilationsservice Skåne. The installation errors arise mainly during the installation process of the product. Hence, they are the starting point of any errors due to privilege or operating system environment issues. Let’s understand the installation error code by how they arise and how can one resolve without any mishaps in Windows PC.
This code is mainly related to the installation issue. There are two significant problems linked with this code – administrator privilege issue and conflicting products that hinder the installation of a newly downloaded antivirus software. In the administrator privilege issue, there may come an instance when the user is unable to install because they are using an account other than an admin. In the case of conflicting products, a previously installed antivirus software creates a major hindrance in installing new antivirus software. How does this error pop up?
The McAfee installation wizard or window through which a user gets the notification for the error code 16002. So, during the installation, the McAfee installation wizard tried to load the essential files in the system environment. If some of the files are already present, then the installation wizard immediately generates or throws the error as such files can’t get overridden. In addition to this, the McAfee installation wizard checks for the privileges. It is for sure that the administrator account has the highest number of privileges. So, if the installation wizard requires any rights that a usual account cannot grant, the installation stops in the intermediate phase. During the installation time, the process stops midway with the message code and related text. Thus, the user gets the idea of what is creating the issue in this process. Resolving the McAfee Error Code 16002 Related to Conflicting Products
There is a need to target solutions for both the issues flagged under 16002. To ensure the smoother resolution of the problem of the conflicting product, go through the given set of tasks as mentioned below:
- From the taskbar menu, select the Start option by clicking on its icon.
- Search for the Control Panel by navigating or typing about the same on the Start menu’s search bar.
- Tap on the Control Panel option to launch it.
- Go to the Programs and Features option to hit the Add/Remove Programs.
- When the new window opens, find the McAfee Antivirus.
- Choose it to uninstall the same by clicking on the “Uninstall” tab.
- Wait for some time to uninstall the McAfee product. After the uninstallation completes, one can go through installing the new product (the setup of which the user might have downloaded from the McAfee user account portal through the McAfee login portal).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the McAfee setup installation.
Resolving the McAfee Error Code 16002 Related to Administrator Rights
To resolve the McAfee Error Code 16002 related to administrator right requirement (the user needs to log in to the PC as administrator for successful completion of installation), perform the following set of tasks using the command prompt window in chronological order:
- Press the “Windows+R” keys together to start the command prompt by typing “cmd” (One can also start this application by opening it from the Start menu located on the taskbar). However, if the user wants to run it as an administrator, one can do it directly by right-clicking from the Start menu and selecting the option “Run as Administrator”.
- Tap on Yes to move ahead when prompted with a popup window.
- In the command prompt window, the user has to type the command net user administrator / active: yes.
- Now, press the Enter key.
- Once the message indicates that the user has successfully implemented the command, they can start the installation process of the setup downloaded from the McAfee user account via the McAfee login page.
McAfee antivirus software may face some issues during the installation process. However, one can resolve it by addressing it accordingly, as there are two probable errors under this code. Once solved, the user can install their antivirus software and secure their PC from digital threats and attacks.